A Note From
On behalf of everyone at Oregon Ice Cream, our hearts go out to the individuals, families, and communities who have been negatively affected by the current COVID-19 pandemic. In these trying times, we wanted to reiterate our company’s commitment to the safety of our people, products, community, and customers.
We are proud to be your trusted provider of delicious frozen desserts, and would like to share some of the additional steps we are taking under the current circumstances:
We are adapting to each new COVID-19 development leveraging best-in-class support resources to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
We are systematically monitoring the health of our employees on a daily basis, and requiring them to stay home if they feel at any time that their health and wellness is compromised. We have enforced social distancing, face coverings, and separation protocols to adhere to current Oregon Governor’s Executive Orders and Oregon Health Authority Guidance.
In the event we encounter an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 from a rapid test, and while this person awaits further test results, that individual will not be able to return to work until released by the appropriate doctor and/or health agency. Any employee who came into close contact with this individual will be informed of possible exposure and instructed to follow all CDC quarantine guidelines; such employee will not return to work until the quarantine period has been completed.
Our manufacturing plant continues to operate under strong and attentive leadership. Our operating procedures meet and, in most cases, exceed all local, state, and national protocols to uphold the highest food safety standards and provide a clean safe work environment through our Good Manufacturing Practices.
Employees that can work remotely are doing so and staying connected utilizing virtual meetings and other communication tools/resources.
Our Community Outreach team is engaging with organizations in our local communities to share resources during this difficult time.
We are experiencing an unprecedented surge in demand, and are engaging daily with our partners, vendors, and suppliers to minimize any business disruption.
We continue to work diligently to produce the same safe, high-quality frozen desserts for all of our customers and consumers.
We hope our products will continue to spark joy and provide comfort during these uncertain times. You have our promise to provide transparency and to maintain our commitment to our high quality and safety standards. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
- Communicating and enforcing health and safety guidelines in accordance with CDC recommendations, including social distancing and frequent hand washing
- Requiring on-site employees to wear masks and eye protection
- Requiring telecommuting for all eligible positions
- Eliminating in person meetings, instead holding them via teleconferencing or virtually
- Staggering lunch breaks to limit the number of employees in the break room at one time
- Hiring additional staff to clean all high touch surfaces multiple times per day with disinfectant
- Expanding bathrooms to allow for social distancing and line separation
- 24 hour monitoring of PPE Usage to ensure compliance
- COVID-19 Taskforce
- Requiring mandatory temperature screening for all employees and visitors before entering the facility
- Separating each production line to ensure no opportunities for cross contact between teams
- Updated to a no contact payroll processes
- Supplying employees with home safety kits including sanitizer, masks and gloves to allow for safe practices in and outside of work
- Quarterly Essential Support Pay bonus for all employees working on site
- Flexible attendance requirements for employees due to illness or childcare
- Providing no-contact recognition lunches for onsite workers
- Additional emergency sick pay for child care when schools or childcare provider is closed
- Continuing our long-standing relationships and forging new relations with Lane County & Clark County Food Banks and the Eugene Mission in support of reducing hunger and homelessness and providing access to food for our neighbors living on limited resources
- Providing support through product donations to our Front Line workers: Fire and Police Workers and- Eugene Fire Department Training, Eugene Fire Department Stations #1, #7 and Danebo. Police Departments in Camas, Eugene and Springfield. Feed the Front Lines in Clark County – Camas / Washougal Fire Department and Family-Community Resource Center
- Delivering ice cream SMILES to our Health Care Workers and Partners for their tireless efforts to keep us all healthy and happy. Examples include: Mountain View Medical Centers in Oregon, American Red Cross in Vancouver, Portland, Salem and Eugene, nursing staff in diverse hospital COVID and Emergency units
- Supporting the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon & SW Washington – Eugene, Portland, Bend and Springfield locations in keeping families with sick children together and near the care and resources they need through product donations for the home environment
- The Oregon Ice Cream team is working hard to produce the same high-quality products you know and love with minimum business disruption. The current pandemic has added some new challenges to our traditionally very busy summer season, potentially impacting product availability. It is our commitment to communicate with all partners, vendors and suppliers as new circumstances arise. Thank you for your patience and flexibility. We welcome your comments and questions at [email protected].com.